Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Last Day at the VA in 2011

Today was my last day at the VA this semester. It was a pretty good day. My first patient was an easy 1b so I got done with him pretty quick. My second patient in the morning was really hard. He was a new patient and hadn't had a cleaning in "awhile". He had slight bone loss but he had so much calculus that he was classified as a class III. I was only able to scale his right side but I was able to do four injections and pass off my periodontal files PE. My afternoon patient was really nice. She had a lot of emotional problems but she was very friendly. She was an easy class V and I really enjoyed talking to her and getting to know her. Dr. Gupda wanted Arestin placed in a 7mm pocket on her so I was also able to pass off my Arestin PE. I feel pretty confident in mostly everything I do but I will admit that my greatest weakness is my right posterior bitewing. I don't know what my problem is but no matter how hard I try, I always conecut that dang x-ray! Hopefully I can master the technique next semester. Anyways, I really enjoyed my VA group this semester! I will miss you gals next semester!

1 comment:

McCall said...

It sounds like you had an awesome day! I need to remember to pass PE's off at the VA. I seem to just get into my own groove and then forget to do PE's.