Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Final Mockboard
Yesterday was our final mockboard and I am proud to say that I passed! It was barely a pass, but a pass is a pass! My circumstances were a little different. My patient was given to me by Mollee so I had never seen him before or even looked in his mouth. Mollee had warned me that he was an excessive bleeder and so I decided to get him numb using Lido 2% with 1:100,000 epi to help with hemostasis. At the beginning everything was okay, but once he started bleeding, he did not stop and I could not see anything! Also, his tissue literally seemed to be sloughing off! I spent 30 mins "trimming" his tissue and quickly ran out of time. Safe to say, he was a hard case and I'm very grateful that it was not real boards because I would have had a break down! Now on to real boards!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment