Monday, March 7, 2011

Caries

My patient today was a returning patient, class V. I saw her last Monday and took a few x-rays where I saw some caries but I didn't get to OHI that day so we didn't really talk about it. Today we took some more PAs of the front teeth and found more caries and I totally spaced explaining caries to her during OHI! I deserve a slap on the hand. I was able to finish her up and I did use the diagnodent on her and refer her to a DDS for an exam, but still, I should have talked to her about caries and I should have had her do the snack diary. Oh man, a day of regrets.

1 comment:

Kayla Whitney said...

What did you think of the Diagnodent? I was passing my Diagnodent PE off today but I went through two diagnodents!!! The stupid things were not working and I looked like I didnt know what I was doing :) I dont think I will use it agian until we have to pass it off in another PE.