Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 4/Board

This week I had quite a tough time in clinic. The morning was somewhat relaxing since my patient didn't come until 9:30 and all I had to do was clean his last quad. My afternoon was flustering. I saw two kids, ages 11 and 8. The younger sister had more calculus that the older! I was able to do one single sealant on the 8-year-old and pass off that PE. The older sister took much less time and was a lot easier to clean. While I was cleaning the 8-year-old, I was explaining about sugar bugs that make homes in our teeth and saliva bugs that cause our gums to bleed. She was very receptive but apparently I scared the older sister because she told her mom that I was "talking about a lot of scary stuff" to her sister ha ha ha. At least I know they were listening.
On another note, I took my LA written board today. I was nervous because of what those who have already taken it have said and because I was afraid that I would get sick during the test lose all my energy. Thankfully, the latter did not happen (Blueberry was content for the hour ;) ). I did say a prayer before I began the test (hope that doesn't offend anyone) and I feel like it truly helped. I am grateful to have the test overwith, and I do have to say that it wasn't that bad. Now on to studying for the National Board!

No comments: